I was sitting around minding my own business when the sudden… I had one of those brain popping thoughts that made me go “Ooooh!” So what was this life altering thought?
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
(Otherwise known as the directions from a shampoo bottle.)
The thing about shampoo is…
- It only works if you use it, and you can’t just slap it on your head, you have to go the extra mile and scrub it up if you want ‘bouncin’ and behavin’ hair.
- If you don’t finish your wash with a good rinse all your hard work was for not, and you’ll only have bad things to say about washing your hair.
- Washing your hair once in your lifetime isn’t going to cut it. Seriously. You have to wash it just about every day.
The Shampoo Principal = Lather – Rinse – Repeat.
You can use this principal to succeed at just about anything.
All it takes is:
- (lather) a desire and intention to do ‘the thing’.
- (rinse) the attitude and perspective to get through the hard or boring parts.
- (repeat) the dedication to show up, stick with it, and keep moving towards your desired result.
What shall you do with your shampoo…
Is there a ‘little something’ in your life you would like to change?
A dream not yet reached for?
A habit that’s not serving your heath?
Take a moment to write it down.
Now ponder how you could apply they shampoo principal to your ‘little something’. Take more notes, sit with it a bit, and when you’re ready… start washing!
Lather – Rinse – Repeat!
Need some help to get going?
Ask yourself these questions:
Lather-What is it that you desire? Why do you want it? How will you do it?
Rinse- How can you support yourself in this intention? What will you say to yourself when the going gets tough? Who can you call on to support you through?
Repeat- Are you willing to show up and do it? When will you show up, and what will you do?
Do tell! What will you shampoo?